To provide a safe environment in which every student reaches his or her highest potential and graduates well prepared for success in post-secondary education, work, and life.
North Star Goals
Our first priority is the safety of Kennewick School District students and staff.
- Ninety percent of students report that they feel safe at school on our annual student safety survey.
- Annually, reportable injuries by staff are held to fewer than 40, and accepted claims are held to fewer than 45.
Our commitment is to the academic achievement of all students.
- Eighty percent of incoming kindergarten students enter prepared for kindergarten as measured by the district’s Kindergarten Readiness Test.
- Ninety percent of third graders read at grade level by the end of their third grade year.
- Seventy-five percent of students who are below grade level in reading and math are caught up within three years.
- Algebra 1-2 will become the standard eighth grade math class and 90 percent of students in grades three through 10 meet grade-level standards in math.
- The Kennewick School District is in the 75th percentile of all districts in achieving growth for its students.
Our focus is to graduate all students prepared for post-secondary education, work, and life
- The five-year cohort graduation rate for the district is at least 90 percent.
- Students continue to have opportunities to participate in co-curricular programs and both competitive and non-competitive extra-curricular programs.
- Eighty-five percent of parents state that Kennewick School District provided their student with the opportunity to prepare for their declared post-secondary education, training, and work objectives.
Our pledge is to employ a world-class staff and operate in a fiscally sound, customer-focused manner.
- Professional development, training, and growth opportunities for staff are offered on a continual basis.
- The Kennewick School District maintains an unreserved, undesignated fund balance that is at least five percent of the total budget.