2019 Proposed Bond Projects
The district is always looking to the future. Enrollment continues to grow and some of our schools are in need of upgrades so they can continue to be great places to learn.
The following is a list of current proposed projects. This list is subject to change and is pending school board approval.
- Replacement of Kennewick High School (Construction begins Summer 2019). View the project page. *Auditorium will be remodeled and New Gym will remain in place.
- Replacement of Amistad Elementary building (Construction between Summer 2019-2022). View the project page.
- Remodel or replacement of Ridge View Elementary (Construction begins Summer 2023).
- Construction of new Elementary #18 (Construction date TBD).
- Construction of classroom addition at Kamiakin High School (Construction date TBD).
- Construction of classroom addition at Southridge High School (Construction date TBD).
Proposed 2019 Bond Timeline
- March 2017: Architect selected for Kennewick High School remodel/replacement.
- Spring 2017: Architect begins educational specifications process with Kennewick High School staff.
- Summer 2017-Fall 2017: Community input meetings.
- Fall 2017: Facility Committee reviews/updates district 10-Year Plan.
- Summer 2017-Summer 2018: Kennewick High Project designed by architect.
- September-October 2018: Project Cost Estimates Completed.
- November 2018: School Board passes bond resolution.
- February 2019: Bond election.
- April/May 2019: Construction begins.