Early Learning (ECEAP)
Get started early with learning
The Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) is Washington’s pre-kindergarten program that prepares children from low-income families for success in school and life. Providing services in the Kennewick School District, ECEAP focuses on the well-being of the whole child by providing comprehensive nutrition, health, education and family support services. Children are eligible for ECEAP if they are at least three years old, but not yet five years old, by August 31st of the school year, and live within the Kennewick School District boundaries. Transportation is provided by the Kennewick School District.
- Children must be at least 3 years old, but not yet 5 years old by August 31 of the school year.
- Parents/Guardians must meet income requirements.
- Live within the Kennewick School District boundaries.
- Fill out an application packet and submit required documents.
Families with age-eligible children are encouraged to apply for admission to the program.
Please bring these items with you to register:
1. Income verification for previous year and current monthly income. You may use any of the following documents:
- Current check stub
- W-2s or income tax from previous year (if not currently working)
- Letter on business stationary from employer
- Unemployment check amount
- Child support proof
- DSHS grant letter stating amount
- Supplemental security letter stating amount
2. Name, address, and phone number of employer.
3. Immunizations of the child(ren) you are registering. Must be complete.
4. Birth certificate of the child(ren) being registered.
5. Emergency contact – name, address, and phone number.
6. Daycare provider – name, address, and phone number.
7. Address verification of residential status. Please bring PUD bill or rental/lease agreement.
If you have questions, please call (509) 222-5027.
Kennewick ECEAP proudly paricipating in