Migrant And Bilingual
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Are teachers who serve TBIP students required to receive staff development specific to instruction of EL students?
- Q: Should staff providing primary language instructional support be assessed for native language and English proficiency?
Time and Effort Reporting
What is time and effort reporting?
Federal regulations require that any salaries and benefits charged to a federal award(s) must be based on documentation that meets the following criteria in order to be allowable:
- The employee’s time must be documented in writing.
- The documentation must reflect the actual time spent by the employee on activities of the federal program(s) being charged.
- The period covered by the documentation may not exceed one month unless an approved substitute system is in place or a semi-annual certification is used to report time and effort for a single cost objective.
- The documentation must account for all of the employee’s time for the period covered (including state/local activities).
- This requirement applies to all federal awards and sub awards, including those received directly from the federal government, unless specifically excepted by OMB. It is required under 2 CFR 225, formerly Federal OMB Circular A-87 “Cost Principles of State, Local and Indian Tribal Governments.”
Why are time and effort reports needed?
Time and effort reports are required to document federal funds and ensure that federal programs paid only their share of personnel costs.
Who is required to prepare time and effort reports?
Dual Language Facilitator/Bilingual Literacy Coach
Secondary Bilingual Literacy Coach
Elementary Bilingual Literacy Coach
Immigrant Support Coordinator