June 30, 2017
- Athletics/Sports Registration & Requirements
- Immunization Requirements & Physicals
- Medication at School
- Open Houses
- Paying for Meals, Apply for Free & Reduced-Price Meals
- Policies & Regulations
- PowerSchool Accounts (Pay for Meals, Sign-up for School Alerts/News, View Grades)
- Preschool Options
- Register for School
- School Alerts/News
- School Boundaries
- School Bus Routes & Public Transportation
- School Calendar, Daily & Wednesday Early Release Schedules
- Supply Lists
- Transfer to a School Within or Outside KSD
- Volunteer at School
Sign up through PowerSchool with your child's ID and password. Instructions: Log in and click on the Sports Clearance tab on the left side of the screen to access the required forms. If your child requires an updated physical form, turn it into your school's athletic office.
Sign up for fall sports at orientation meetings at your school. Check with your child's school for meeting dates and information.
Families new to the district must register their child for school before signing up for athletics.
Contact your school's nurse to learn about forms and procedures so your child can be provided medication while at school.
- Amistad — Aug. 24, 4:45 to 6:15 p.m.
- Canyon View — Sept. 14, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Cascade — Sept. 12, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Cottonwood — Sept. 12, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Eastgate — Sept. 7, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Edison — Sept. 19, 6 to 7 p.m.
- Hawthorne — Sept. 12, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Lincoln — Aug. 24, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Ridge View — Aug. 24, 4 to 5:30 p.m.
- Sage Crest — Sept. 14, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Southgate — Aug. 24, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Sunset View — Sept. 7, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Vista — Sept. 14, 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- Washington — Sept. 14, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Westgate — Aug. 24, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Mid-Columbia Partnership — Aug. 31, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Chinook — Aug. 24, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Desert Hills — Sept. 7, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Highlands — Aug. 22, 5 to 7 p.m.
- Horse Heaven Hills — Sept. 7, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Park — Aug. 23, 6 p.m. (6th Grade) and 6:30 p.m. (7th and 8th Grades)
- Mid-Columbia Partnership — Aug. 31, 6 to 7 p.m.
- Kamiakin — Aug. 31, 5:30 to 8 p.m.
- Kennewick — Aug. 31, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Southridge — Aug. 31, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Delta High School — Sept. 8, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Legacy High School — Sept. 26, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Tri-Tech Skills Center — Aug. 24, 3:15 to 7 p.m.
- Phoenix High School — Sept. 7, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Mid-Columbia Partnership — Aug. 31, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Children attending the following schools will receive free breakfasts and lunches in 2017-18 under the federally-funded Community Eligibility Provision and do not need to sign up for free or reduced-price meals.
- Amistad Elementary
- Canyon View Elementary
- Eastgate Elementary
- Edison Elementary
- Hawthorne Elementary
- Vista Elementary
- Washington Elementary
- Westgate Elementary
- Highlands Middle School
- Park Middle School
Sign up to receive free or reduced-price meals at other district schools.
Lunch & Breakfast Pricing
|Full Price Lunch||$2.75||$3.00||$3.25|
|Reduced Price Lunch (K-3)||Free*||N/A||N/A|
|Reduced Price Lunck (Pre-K, 4-12)||.40||.40||N/A|
|Full Price Breakfast||$1.70||$1.85||$2.50|
|Reduced Price Breakfast||Free*||Free*||N/A|
*Students qualifying for reduced price meal benefits in these meal categories are not charged due to a grant through the State Child Nutrition Program.
Parents can prepay for meals and track meal purchases through their child's PowerSchool account using their assigned ID and password. Parents of children not yet enrolled for school will receive their PowerSchool login information once they register.
View school menus.
PowerSchool is an online portal where parents can manage their child's meal account, review grades and attendance, set up notifications for school news and emergencies, and more. Parents access their child's account using their assigned ID and password obtained through the school. Parents of children not yet enrolled for school will receive their PowerSchool login information once they register. Forgot your password and login? Please contact your school.
The district's Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) has morning and afternoon sessions for children between the ages of three and five years old. The program primarily serves children from low-income families and with special needs. Register your child in-person at the ECEAP office in the KSD Administration Center, 1000 W. 4th Ave. Call (509) 222-5027 for more information.
Register in person at your child's school. Check your school's website to learn when the office will open to pick up registration packets. Bring the following information and documents to register:
- Birth Certificate - All children must be at least five years old by August 31, 2017.
- Proof of Residence - This may be a utility bill (water, electrical, garbage), rental/lease statement, income tax return statement, proof of home ownership (including a mortgage statement) or any official document showing both a parent's or guardian's name and address.
- Immunization Records - Must be current.
Contact the school directly or call the Administration Center at (509) 222-5000 with questions.
Families interested in free preschool through the Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) must pick up a registration packet and register in-person at the KSD Administration Center, 1000 W. 4th Ave. Call (509) 222-5027 for more information.
Parents can control how they are notified about school news and emergency alerts such as school closures and delays due to severe weather through PowerSchool.
- Log into PowerSchool using your child's assigned ID and password and click the SchoolMessenger link on the left side menu.
- Click on the Contacts tab at the top of the page and then click Edit on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Choose if you want to receive alerts by phone, email or text/SMS and click Save at the bottom.
If you don't know your PowerSchool login or your family is new to the district, contact your school office.
Use the interactive maps below to find your child's boundary school. If you are unable to determine your boundary school or have questions, call (509) 222-5000.
View details about bus stops as well as rules for riding district buses are available through Transportation Services.
View route and schedule information for Ben Franklin Transit (BFT) buses. BFT has added new routes so families should doublecheck when and where their child needs to be to board a bus.
The first day of school is Tuesday, Aug. 29. Preschool and high school return dates may vary, check your school's website for details. View the 2017-18 school calendar. Each family receives a printed calendar from your child's school at the beginning of the year with important notifications. View the full calendar.
Daily school schedules are:
- Elementary schools: 8:40 a.m. to 3:17 p.m.
- Middle schools: 8 a.m. to 2:35 p.m.
- High schools: 6:45 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
Wednesday Early Release schedules are:
- Elementary schools: 8:40 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Middle schools: 8 a.m. to 1:10 p.m.
- High schools: 7:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Elementary and middle school students will be released early every Wednesday beginning Aug. 30. Check the calendar for high school early release days.
If your school does not have an updated supply list available, check back after Aug. 14 when school offices open for the school year.
- Canyon View
- Ridge View
- Sage Crest
- Sunset View
- Mid-Columbia Partnership
Transfers within the Kennewick School District are subject to building and program space availability and a student's academic and disciplinary standing. Transportation is not provided to students who transfer to a school outside their attendance boundary.
Transfers involving another district are granted if the other district approves the transfer and it does not adversely effect either district or their programs.
Apply to volunteer at a school.
Still have questions? Contact your school or the Administration Center at (509) 222-5000.