October 28, 2016
Kamiakin, Southridge high schools welcome exchange students
Continuing a long tradition of fostering connections with people around the world, the district welcomed eight exchange students from Africa, Europe and South America this fall to Kamiakin and Southridge high schools.
Jack Anderson, the district’s student services director, says the program benefits the exchange students with new experiences and relationships during the year but they also make a profound impact on the district.
“They not only enrich our schools but our community by bringing in a variety of cultures and traditions, another way to see the world,” Anderson says.
The district works with various exchange student agencies each year to find placements for students from broad. Families interested in hosting an exchange student should contact Lori Hagadorn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 222-5626.
2016-17 Exchange Students
Kamiakin High School
- Ahmed Musa Mustapha, Nigeria, grade 12
- Katrina Vujicic, Bosnia, grade 12
- Rados Knezevic, Serbia, grade 12
Southridge High School
- Hannah Kotlan, Germany, grade 11
- Itxaso Urresola-Zabala, Spain, grade 11
- Maria Eduarda Duarte Wieczarek, Brazil, grade 11
- Marines Erostegui, Bolivia, grade 12
- Yago Marques, Brazil, grade 12