September 5, 2018
RSVP Now for KSD's Community Presentation Day
Community members are invited to Get to Know Kennewick Schools, an interactive, half-day session showcasing the district's instructional programs and student safety, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. October 5 at the KSD Administration Center, located at 1000 W. 4th Ave.
Topics covered in breakout sessions:
- School Building Safety
- School Safety: Police & Fire Partnership (drills, etc.)
- Classroom Technology & Chromebook Initiative: Grades K-5 & 6-12
- School-Parent Communication & PowerSchool
- Reading with Your Child: How to Optimize Your 20 Minutes a Night
- Web & Social Media Safety
- Action Team for Partnerships (ATP)
- How Schools Use PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports) to Improve Safety
- 2nd & 3rd Grade Science
- Tour of Fuerza Elementary (Dual Language School in Spanish/English)
A complimentary continental breakfast will be provided beginning at 8:45 a.m. Lunch will also be provided to participants.