September 7, 2016
Get to know Kennewick schools
UPDATE: THIS EVENT IS FULL
Community members are invited September 30 to Get To Know Kennewick Schools, an interactive, half-day session showcasing the district’s instructional programs.
Education experts will introduce those attending to the latest teaching strategies and how that is leading to student growth.
The community workshop will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the KSD Administration Center at 1000 W. 4th Ave. Attendees will learn the latest about:
- School Safety
- Hands-on K-5 Science
- Classroom Technology
- Action Teams for Partnership (ATP)
- Air Force Junior ROTC
- School-Parent Communication
- READY! For Kindergarten
- Positive Behavior Interventions & Support (PBIS)
- Battelle Science Resource Center
- Improving Elementary Reading & Math
- Advanced Placement
- International Baccalaureate
- College Credit in High Schools
- Facilities Update
- A tour of the new Desert Hills Middle School
A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided to participants.