March 10, 2015
Kamiakin DECA students head to international competition
Seven Kamiakin High School DECA students have qualified to compete at the international competition after their performance at the state competition last week in Bellevue, Washington.
Students competed in events that were aimed at their career interests and participated in taking a comprehensive test, role playing situations and/or making presentations.
The following students will head to Orlando, Florida in April to compete for scholarships and prizes:
- Connor Pestovich and Eric Christensen – 6th Place Financial Literacy Project
- Austin Schulz and Katya Gudino–Chapter Awards Project
- Calista Gann, Nick Olsen and Jade Sickler –School Based Enterprise
- Connor Pestovich - $750 Steven Anthony Rhone Memorial Scholarship
- Tanner Owens – 2nd Place Presentation, Financial Consultant Event
- Rachel Cooke – 2nd Place Test, Principles of Hospitality Event
- Eric Christensen and Connor Pestovich – 9th Place Business Law & Ethics Team
- Kiana Dyck and Kirsten Paulson - 8th Place Entrepreneurship Promotion Project
- Chapter Campaign – National DECA – 3 Leadership students for Thrive Academy
Photo: Connor Pestovich and Eric Christensen