September 23, 2016
Kamiakin, Kennewick, Southridge seniors named National Merit Commended Students
Kamiakin High School seniors Kyla Powell and Evan Gibbons, Kennewick High School seniors Colin Branham and Hannah Roosendaal and Southridge High School senior Jesse Brinson-Wagner were recently recognized as Commended Students by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation.
The honor places them among the top 5 percent of the 1.6 million students who took the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test during the fall of their junior year.
All five students are already making plans following graduation in June.
- Powell intends to study video game design at DigiPen Institute of Technology in Redmond, Wash.
- Gibbons plans to attend the University of Memphis and major in International Business.
- Branham is considering studying business at several Pacific Northwest universities.
- Roosendaal intends to study mathematics at Whitworth University in Spokane.
- Brinson-Wagner is considering nursing programs at various universities.