March 8, 2017
Kindergarten registration begins April 17
Parents interested in registering their child for kindergarten may pick up packets and begin registering on April 17 at all elementary schools.
Children must be at least five years old by August 31, 2017. Parents and guardians must provide a certified copy of the child's birth certificate, proof of residency (such as a utility bill, rental lease, or income tax return statement) and current immunization records at the time of registration. School boundaries may be found at www.ksd.org.
Is your soon-to-be kindergartner ready?
All incoming kindergartners in Kennewick schools are assessed on the following skills when they start school:
- Upper Case Letter Recognition
- Lower Case Letter Recognition
- Consonant Sound Recognition
- Short and Long Vowel Sound Recognition
- Rhyming Recognition
- Rhyming Production
- Syllable Blending
- Syllable Segmentation
- Initial Sound Recognition
- Initial, Medial and Final Sound Production