November 16, 2018
Inclement Weather Reminder
As we prepare for the possibility of snowy conditions starting this afternoon and through the rest of the week, here are a few reminders for our families:
- Buses may be delayed returning students home. Our buses are prepared for snowy conditions and drivers receive training on how to drive in adverse weather conditions. Making sure that students return home safely will be our top priority. Thank you in advance for your patience in the event of delays.
- The district does not send students home early because it is snowing. Many of our families do not have an adult who can be home early to provide supervision for their child(ren). We support a parent’s or guardian’s decision to pick their child up early or to not send their child to school. Absences will be considered excused with a signed note.
- Afternoon and evening activities may be cancelled. The decision whether to cancel after-school activities will be made as early in the afternoon as possible.
School delays and cancellations – Road conditions in the district can vary depending on where you live. Our district makes the decision to delay or cancel school based on if we believe the buses can safely transport children. We support a parent’s or guardian’s decision to pick their child up early or to not send their child to school. Absences will be considered excused with a signed note.
If school is delayed or cancelled due to inclement weather, every effort is made to make the decision by 6 a.m. If conditions change after the decision is made to delay school, it is possible that the district may cancel school. We will try to make a final decision by 7:30 a.m., or shortly thereafter. If a decision is changed, an updated alert will be sent out as soon as possible.
If there is no mention on the district website of delays or closures, schools are running on time.
Alerts – Kennewick School District allows parent to choose how they want to receive school alerts by text, phone and email for school delays and closures. If you need your PowerSchool login or password, please contact your school office.
- Log into your PowerSchool for Parents account.
- Select QUICK LINKS - Select MAIN PORTAL PAGE
- Select SCHOOL MESSENGER
- Select PREFERENCES from the menu icon in the upper left corner.
- Under MY MESSAGE PREFERENCES edit how you want to be contacted.
Check www.ksd.org Follow updates on Facebook and Twitter.
Watch and listen to local television and radio stations.