Kennewick High School Design
Project Details View all Projects
The district is currently engaged in a design process for a new Kennewick High School. Voters will determine the construction of a new Kennewick High School in 2019.
Teaching & Learning
- Kennewick High School promotes collaborative learning experiences.
- Spaces are flexible to accommodate educational delivery methods of today as well as those of the future.
- Learning is visible.
- Learning provides students with needed skills for success after graduation: Life/Work/Citizenship.
- Kennewick High School's history and legacy is respected.
- The new school is a source of pride for students and community alike.
- Facilities are quality construction, durable and appropriate.
- Reflect community commitment to equitable facilities.
- Infrastructure is flexible to adjust to evolving technologies.
- Technology is real-world oriented and relevant.
- Technology is a tool of learning, not the focus.
- Kennewick High School is a place where students have a sense of ownership, feel at home and have pride in their school.
- Areas are provided for students to utilize spaces after school for learning enrichment and athletic programs.
- Opportunities for informal learning and socialization are provided throughout the school.
- School community is fostered throughout gathering spaces and transparency.
- Kennewick High School is a safe place, warm and welcoming to all.
Timeline For Kennewick High School Design Project*
Spring 2018: Community input meetings
November 2017 - June 2018: Building designed by architect
September - October 2018: Project cost estimates completed
November 2018: School Board passes bond resolution
February 2019: Bond election
- April/May 2019: Construction begins
*Timeline is subject to change
Kennewick School District
1000 4th Ave.
Kennewick, WA 99336
Director of Capital Projects
MMEC Architecture & Interiors
7601 W. Clearwater Ave. Ste. 206
Kennewick, WA 99336
Doug Mitchell, AIA, LEED
Heidi Pierce, AIA
51 University St.
Seattle, WA 98101
Karen Montovino, AIA, REFP
Todd Ferking, AIA