5:30 PM, March 10, 2021
In-Person (Reservations Only See Below) and Remote Access
5:30 PM, March 24, 2021
5:30 PM, April 21, 2021
5:30 PM, May 12, 2021
5:30 PM, May 26, 2021
5:30 PM, June 9, 2021 Board Retreat
5:30 PM, June 23, 2021
5:30 PM, July 21, 2021
5:30 PM, Aug. 18, 2021
IMPORTANT: Please read the following information before making a reservation to attend a board meeting in-person:
The current guidance issued by the Governor’s Office allows for in-person public meetings up to 25% of room capacity (excluding staff), with several safety measures that must be met.
Kennewick School District Board of Directors is currently accepting advance reservations from community members to attend the KSD Board of Directors meeting in-person.
- Board room capacity is currently limited to 34 community members (excluding KSD staff members).
- Sign-up is on a first come, first serve basis and will open when the agenda is available online (typically by 2 p.m. the Friday before each board meeting). The deadline to sign-up to attend in-person is 2 p.m. on the day of the meeting so that the district and board may make preparations for in-person attendance.
- If you sign-up and are unable to attend for any reason, please cancel your reservation as soon as possible so that someone else has the opportunity to attend.
- Community members attending in-person must follow all health and safety protocols, including wearing face mask that covers the nose and mouth, and observing six-foot distancing at all times. All attendees will be required to sign a health attestation at the front desk prior to entering the administration center for the meeting.
- If you are attending in person and require translation in Spanish or Arabic, the district requires a minimum of 24-hours advance notice to arrange for an in-person translator. Translation services are also available via Zoom without a reservation.
- The school board allows up to 30 minutes for public comment during regular board business meetings (this time may vary depending on the agenda). If you are a parent, staff or district resident and would like to speak, please sign-up between 5:15 and 5:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting. Typically, public comment is not allowed during school board retreats because this is not a reguar board business meeting.
- You must be logged on through the Zoom link to participate in public comment. Be ready to select the “Raise Your Hand” feature on Zoom and speak if the board president says your name. You will have up to 2 minutes to make your comments.
- Board members listen and learn from public comment, but do not respond. As appropriate, the school board may ask the superintendent and her staff to look into any issues raised. It is important for all community members to feel welcome and safe during the meeting.
- The school board does not take public comments on issues related to personnel or individually named staff members.
- If there are more speakers than time allows, you are welcome to email your comments to the board directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. In your meeting/webinar controls, click Interpretation.
2. Click the language that you would like to hear.
3. (Optional) To hear the interpreted language only, click Mute Original Audio.