Kennewick School District uses an eflyer service called Peachjar that sends approved flyers from the school and community organizations directly to parents’ inboxes by email. Parents are able to easily find, view and take action immediately to sign-up for activities and events.
To sign up, click here.
For Community Organizations
Note: As of January 1, 2019, Kennewick School District no longer accepts paper flyers for posting or distribution at schools.
Community organizations submit eflyers using the Peachjar system for district approval. Flyers must follow the district’s policies and procedures as specified in Distribution of Materials Policy 4060 and Procedure for Distribution of Materials R 4060.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to parents and posted on the school websites.
2. If you are not charging for your event or actvity and want to request a Community Free Flyer account, email email@example.com. Peachjar does charge a fee to send flyers if the organization charges a fee for the event or activity.
3. Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office for approval. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below.
In order to be considered for posting, the flyer must:
- Have social, recreational, and/or educational value to students
- Be sponsored by a verifiable non-profit organization located in Benton or Franklin counties.
- Be screened for the appropriateness of its content
- Prominently display contact information and other important information, such as date, time, location, details, sponsoring organization, and registration link
- Be consistent with the District’s goals and policies
- Contain the statement: This activity is not sponsored or endorsed by the Kennewick School District (automatically applied by the e-flyer system)
All materials and activities must be consistent with Kennewick School District policies and
federal and state law. Materials or promotions are prohibited by the District if they:
- Promote commercial enterprises
- Promote fundraising for an outside organization. This does not apply to Kennewick School District PTOs, booster groups and district partnerships
- Proselytize or disparage any religion or religious beliefs
- Advocate or promote the violation of existing laws, regulations or ordinances, or official school policy, rules or regulations
- Contain language that is intimidating, demeaning, harassing or threatening on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital or veteran status, including, but not limited to, racial, sexual or ethnic slurs
- Are libelous
- Promote or oppose any political candidate or ballot proposition
- Are obscene, lewd or vulgar
- Inhibit the functioning of any school or district program
For Parent Groups
Parent groups such as PTOs and booster groups, may setup their own accounts in Peachjar and may post free of charge. Follow these steps:
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know that your account needs to be switched to a free account.
3. Upload your flyer for approval. All flyers are approved by the superintendent's office.