Starting October 24, 2018, Kennewick School District will be launching a new eflyer service called Peachjar. The new service sends approved flyers from the school and community organizations directly to parents’ inboxes by email. Parents will be able to easily find, view and take action immediately to sign-up for activities and events.
To sign up, click here.
For Community Organizations
Starting October 24, 2018, community organizations may begin submitting eflyers via Peachjar for approval. Flyers must follow the district’s policies and procedures as specified in Distribution of Materials Policy 4060 and Procedure for Distribution of Materials R 4060.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to parents and posted on the school websites.
3. Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
In order to be considered for posting, the flyer must:
- Have social, recreational, and/or educational value to students
- Be sponsored by a verifiable non-profit organization located in Benton or Franklin counties.
- Be screened for the appropriateness of its content
- Prominently display contact information and other important information, such as date, time, location, details, sponsoring organization, and registration link
- Be consistent with the District’s goals and policies
- Contain the statement: This activity is not sponsored or endorsed by the Kennewick School District (automatically applied by the e-flyer system)
All materials and activities must be consistent with Kennewick School District policies and
federal and state law. Materials or promotions are prohibited by the District if they:
- Promote commercial enterprises
- Promote fundraising for an outside organization. This does apply to PTOs, booster groups and district partnerships
- Proselytize or disparage any religion or religious beliefs
- Advocate or promote the violation of existing laws, regulations or ordinances, or official school policy, rules or regulations
- Contain language that is intimidating, demeaning, harassing or threatening on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital or veteran status, including, but not limited to, racial, sexual or ethnic slurs
- Are libelous
- Promote or oppose any political candidate or ballot proposition
- Are obscene, lewd or vulgar
- Inhibit the functioning of any school or district program
Submitting Hard Copy Flyers
As of January 1, 2019, Kennewick School District will no longer accept hard copy flyers for distribution to parents from our community partners. Until then, community partners may continue to submit hard copy flyers for approval using the old system and are welcome to submit using the Peachjar eflyer system.
A copy of your flyer must be submitted with the Distribution of Materials Request Form. Please allow 10 days for processing prior to the desired date of distribution.
Submit In Person or by Mail to:
Kennewick School District
1000 W. 4th Avenue
Kennewick, Washington 99336
For Parent Groups
Parent groups such as PTOs and booster groups, may setup their own accounts in Peachjar and may post free of charge. Follow these steps:
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know that your account needs to be switched to a free account.
3. Upload your flyer for approval. All flyers are approved by the superintendent's office.