Kennewick School District partners with Comprehensive Healthcare to provide school-based therapy to students on a referral basis.
School-based therapists provide the following services:
- Access to in-person or tele mental health therapy for students who are struggling
- Mental health assessments
- Individual mental health therapy in the school setting
- Case management and referrals as needed
- Education for students and staff
- Crisis support for students and families
- Referral Requested - Teachers, staff and parents/guardians may express concern for a student and request a referral. Students may also self-refer.
- Referral Form Completed - A referral form is completed with as much information as possible.
- School Counselor or Principal Notified - Referral forms are screened by school counselors or administrators to ensure they are appropriate.
- Student Notified - Students are notified about the referral.
- Tiered Referrals - Tiered referrals may occur based on the severity or reported mental health concerns indicated by the student's ability to function at school, socially and/or at home.
Comprehensive Healthcare provides tele-therapy provided by WebEx in a designated space inside the school for students to access from their own device. A designated staff person is available to assist students by coordinating access to services and helping to setup their device.
School-Based Therapist LOCATIONS
Kamiakin High School - (509) 222-7000
Kennewick High School - (509) 222-7100
Southridge High School - (509) 222-7200
Legacy High School / Phoenix High School - (509) 222-6552 or (509) 222-7400
Chinook Middle School - (509) 222-7500
Desert Hills Middle School - (509) 222-6600
Highlands Middle School - (509) 222-6700
Horse Heaven Hills Middle School - (509) 222-6800
Park Middle School - (509) 222-6900