Kennewick High School
Location: 560 W. Sixth Ave. (Map)
Square Feet: 292,600
Details: The new two-story school will replace the existing Kennewick High, which opened in 1951. It will include a science wing, a dining commons, a courtyard and other features, and will connect to the existing Lion's Den gym and a remodeled auditorium. It is designed to hold up to 2,000 students.
Funding: Local bond dollars and funding from the state School Construction Assistance Program.
Estimated Cost: $109.5 million
- June 2019 - Track, field and tennis court construction begins
- July 2019 - Demolition and abatement of Kennewick High begins
- February 2020 - Track, field and tennis court construction completed
- June 2021 - Annex building demolition begins, baseball field completed
- August 2021 - New Kennewick High completed and opens to students
Ribbon Cutting and Tours: Aug. 27, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.