Community & Employment Transition
Kennewick School District offers the Community & Employment Transition (CET) program as an option after the comprehensive high school experience that provides transition services for students/young adults receiving special education services between the ages of 18-21 years old. These services align with the student’s age-appropriate transition assessment, post-secondary goals, and course of study outlined in their IEP. CET’s primary mission is to assist participants obtain job internships and career exploration.
How do I get more information about CET?
You or your student’s case manager can invite a member of CET Staff to attend an IEP meeting to discuss the option of attending CET services.
CET students Receive:
- Opportunity to participate in internships with job-coaching support.
- Access a variety of support options.
- Individualized post-secondary plans and outcomes.
- Specially designed instruction in functional academics.
- Oasis Physical Therapy
- Walgreens – Locations on 27th Avenue and Clearwater Ave.
- Swift Rehabilitation
- Kadlec Cancer Center
- Windsong Memory Care
- The Groomery
- Gale Physical Therapy
- Rite Aid
- Round Table Pizza
- Yoke’s Fresh Market
- Canyon View Elementary School Cafeteria
- Shelby’s Floral
If you would like to become a job partner, please reach out to us.