Migrant & Bilingual
Helping students meet high academic challenges by overcoming obstacles
Our Migrant and Bilingual office oversees the state and federal programs that help migrant, immigrant and refugee students and youth in our district meet high academic challenges by overcoming obstacles created by frequent moves, educational disruption, cultural and language differences and health-related problems.
- Immigrant Students' Rights to Attend Public Schools (OSPI)
- English Learner School Obligations (all languages)
Immigrants & Refugees
Students who meet the following eligibility standards are defined as immigrants:
- Children/youth ages 3 through 21.
- Born outside of the United States and its territories.
- Have attended school in the United States for less than three full academic years.
Student eligibility is verified from a student's enrollment forms and a Home Language Survey completed by parents/guardians.
Contact the district's Immigrant Support Coordinator at (509) 222-5094 about services and resources available to immigrant and refugee families and their children.
Welcome To Kennewick School District Videos
The district offers interpretation in Spanish, Ukrainian, Russian, Somali, Karen and Burmese to help parents in communicating with their child's school. Call (509) 222-5094 to request assistance.