- Public comment will be available to those attending in person and those watching remotely.
- As part of regular business meetings, the board schedules 30 minutes for public comment. Each speaker has up to 2 minutes to address the board. If there are more speakers than time allows and you are not called for public comment, you are welcome to email your comments to the board directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In-person attendees sign up to provide public comment using the sign-in sheet available in the board room prior to the start of the meeting.
- Those watching remotely may provide public comment by phone and need to sign-up online before the meeting from 5:15-5:30 p.m. (form is only active during this time) on the day of the meeting: https://bit.ly/3dn9dyk.
If you are signed-up to speak by phone, a moderator will call you from a school district phone number when it is your turn to speak. Please answer the phone call or the school board will move on to the next speaker.
- It is important for all community members to feel welcome and safe during the meeting. Board members listen and learn from public comment, but do not respond. As appropriate, the school board may ask the superintendent and her staff to look into any issues raised.
- The school board does not take public comments on issues related to personnel or individually named staff members. If you have a complaint regarding a staff member, please contact either the superintendent or associate superintendent of human resources.
REACH SOMEONE ABOUT A QUESTION, TOPIC OR ISSUE
If you need immediate assistance regarding a student, staff, educational or operational issue, you are encouraged to contact Superintendent Dr. Traci Pierce directly at email@example.com or (509) 222-5020 with any feedback or specific concerns. Most of the time issues can be resolved and addressed faster this way.
Community members may also contact the board and superintendent at firstname.lastname@example.org.