Medical & Immunizations
keep your child's immunizations & MEDICAL FORMS current
School IMMUNIZATION Requirements
New for 2021-22
Starting with the 2021-22 school year, all students enrolled, regardless of where they are receiving their education (online, alternative school, homeschool, Running Start, etc.) will be required to follow immunization requirements for school.
Students entering school must get the required doses listed in the chart linked below to be in compliance with immunization requirements. The requirements follow the national Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Immunization Schedule with requirements specified by grade level.
To find the doses required, look at the column that includes the student’s grade and the row for the required vaccine. For example, a student entering Kindergarten needs 2 doses of MMR vaccine. The requirements and rules vary depending on the student’s grade.
Immunization Requirements Chart – K-12
- 2021-2022 English (PDF) | Español (PDF) | Amharic (PDF) | Chinese (PDF) | Korean (PDF) | Russian (PDF) | Somali (PDF) | Tagalog (PDF) | Vietnamese (PDF)
Immunization Requirements Chart – Child Care and Preschool
- 2021-2022 English (PDF) | Español (PDF) | Chinese (PDF) | Korean (PDF) | Russian (PDF) | Somali (PDF) | Tagalog (PDF) | Vietnamese (PDF)
For more information about required immunizations, go to the Washington State Department of Health.
Medically verified immunization records are required for schools to prove immunity. Immunization records now need to be printed from the Immunization Information System (ISS) or My Immunization Record (MyIR) or have additional verification.
Medically verified records include one of the following:
- A Certificate of Immunization (CIS) printed from the Immunization Information System (IIS)
- A physical copy of the CIS form with a healthcare provider signature
- A physical copy of the CIS with accompanying medical immunization records from a healthcare provider verified and signed by school staff
- A CIS printed from MyIR - This is a free state Department of Health online tool that allows families to view and print their official immunization records.