Skip To Main Content


Transfer Request

Kennewick School District is committed to maintaining equity in the quality of education in all schools and recognizes the importance of neighborhood schools. Students are assigned to attendance area schools according to Board-adopted geographic boundaries. A student’s legal residence, for attendance purposes, determines their attendance area school. Although school boundaries are established, parents may request an in-district transfer to allow their child to attend another school in the district. An in-district transfer may be requested for students enrolled in special programs provided that appropriate services and program space are available at the requested school.

Kennewick School District may honor the request of parents or guardians to enroll children from districts other than those determined by residence. Out-of-district transfers will be considered after all in-district transfers have been processed. The district is not required to accept out-of-district students.

SubmitTING a transfer request

Step 1

Determine Your School Boundary

Step 2

Check to see if the school you are requesting a transfer to is accepting students. This document is being continually updated with the most current information. 

School and Grade Level Transfer Acceptance Status for 2024-25 Enrollment

Step 3

Daycare Provider Verification 

The Kennewick School District allows students to transfer to a school served by their daycare provider's address if it falls outside the student's attendance area. To request this transfer, complete the daycare provider verification form, which is an annual requirement. Transfer applications for the next school year will be accepted from November 1. Please note that this process must be completed annually.
For the Daycare Provider Verification form, click here.


PROVIDING Home-Based instruction

If you live within the district and want to provide home-based instruction for your student that is not part of Mid-Columbia Partnership home-based instruction program, fill out the Declaration of Intent To Provide Home-Based Instruction form (pdf) and return it to the KSD Administration Center at 1000 W. 4th Ave., Kennewick. If you are interested in learning more about the Mid-Columbia Partnership home-based instruction, please contact the school directly at (509) 222-5036.


Please read through the guidelines carefully, and if you have any questions, our dedicated team is always here to assist you.

  • Transfer requests are subject to building/program space availability and disciplinary standing.
  • District bus transportation is not provided to transfer students.
  • Transfer forms must be completed for each school year for Out-of-Boundary students.
  • Families will be notified by mail whether the student has been accepted or denied enrollment at the requested school.


Elementary Education (Grades K-5)
(509) 222-5003

Secondary Education (Grades 6-12)
(509) 222-5004