Personalized, High-dosage Tutoring Available for Students Grades K-12
In an effort to support student success, accelerate learning and make gains on any learning loss due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kennewick School District has partnered with Varsity Tutors to offer families up to two hours per week of free online one-on-one private tutoring for each student in grades K-12 during the 2023-24 school year.
Registration is open and tutoring support for the 2023-24 school year begins on Sept. 1, 2023.
Benefits of Varsity Tutors:
- Private one-on-one instruction for various subjects by highly qualified tutors
- Access to two hours of tutoring a week for the school year
- Personalized instruction – tutors customize lessons and present concepts in engaging, easy-to-understand ways. Tutoring is available to assist with academic areas (algebra, elementary math, history, reading/phonics, biology, physics, writing and more), test prep or enrichment classes
- Tutoring can start as soon as 48-72 hours after registration
Watch this video to learn more.
- In addition to personalized tutoring, how is Kennewick School District making sure that students are provided with academic and social-emotional support to help recover learning loss due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What can I expect once I sign up for tutoring?
- What qualifications and safety standards do Varsity Tutors have for their mentors?
- What if my child does not have a computer device?