Personalized Tutoring Available for Students Grades K-12
In an effort to support student success, accelerate learning and make gains on any learning loss due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kennewick School District has partnered with Varsity Tutors to offer families up to two hours per week of free online one-on-one private tutoring for each student in grades K-12 during the 2022-23 school year.
Registration opens on Sept. 19 and tutoring begins on Oct. 3.
Benefits of Varsity Tutors:
- Private one-on-one instruction for various subjects by highly qualified tutors
- Access to 10 one-hour sessions, up to five hours per week, scheduled at a convenient for your family
- Personalized instruction – tutors customize lessons and present concepts in engaging, easy-to-understand ways. Tutoring is available to assist with academic areas (algebra, elementary math, history, reading/phonics, biology, physics, writing and more), test prep or enrichment classes
- Tutoring can start as soon as 24-48 hours after registration
Watch this video to learn more.
On-Demand Tutoring for grades 9-12
New this school year is on-demand tutoring for students in grades 9-12. High school students can now get one-on-one support 24/7 from an expert tutor.
On-demand tutoring can hep students with homework help, exam preparation and writing review any time of the day.
- In addition to personalized tutoring, how is Kennewick School District making sure that students are provided with academic and social-emotional support to help recover learning loss due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What can I expect once I sign up for tutoring?
- What qualifications and safety standards do Varsity Tutors have for their mentors?