Early Learning (ECEAP)
Get started early with learning
The Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) is Washington’s pre-kindergarten program that prepares children from low-income families for success in school and life. ECEAP focuses on the well-being of the whole child by providing FREE comprehensive nutrition, health, education and family support services. Families with age-eligible children are encouraged to apply for admission to the program.
The ECEAP program, like other learning programs in the Kennewick School District, has started the 2020-21 school year in remote learning because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The program will be moving to hyrbid learning starting Oct. 12.
Morning and afternoon sessions are offered at each of the following schools:
- Amistad Elementary
- Keewaydin Discovery Center
Full school day sessions are offered at:
- Amistad Elementary
- Children must be at least 3 years old, but not yet 5 years old, by Aug. 31 of the school year.
- Parents/guardians must meet income requirements.
- Live within the Kennewick School District boundaries.
- Fill out an application packet and submit required documents.
- Transportation provided to and from a child's session by the Kennewick School District.
Registration can be done two ways:
Print and complete the ECEAP Application Packet, OR
Pick up the ECEAP Application Packet at the Kennewick School District Administration Office.
Please submit or bring these items when you register:
1. Income verification for previous year or the previous 12 months. Bring any of the follow documents that pertain to you for the previous year or the previous 12 months:
- Tax return (1040) or W-2s from previous year (if not currently working) or pay stubs for 12 months
- Unemployment letter
- Child support received (only required if legally binding by court order)
- DSHS TANF/foster care grant letter
- Disability income, including SSI
- Self-employment income
- Worker's compensation (L&I)
- Tribal income (taxable)
- Any other income not listed above
2. Immunizations of the child(ren) you are registering. Must be complete.
3. Birth certificate of the child(ren) being registered. (Proof of age)
4. Address verification of residential status. Please bring PUD bill or rental/lease agreement.
5. Provider One card/private insurance card
6. Parenting plan/foster care - certified or signed by a judge (if applicable)
7. Child's IEP-Individualized Education Plan (if applicable)
Pick up and/or mail your ECEAP application to:
Kennewick School District
1000 W. Fourth Ave.
Kennewick, WA 99336
If you have questions, please call (509) 222-5027.
Kennewick ECEAP proudly participating in
ECEAP Full Registration Packet for 2020 21 - English
ECEAP Full Registration Packet for 2020 21 - Spanish
Authorization to Release Confidential Health Information - English and Spanish
Busing Authorization and Information - English and Spanish
Combined Pre-Screen and Application 2021-22 - English
Combined Pre-Screen and Application 2021-22 - Spanish
Consent for Screening/Health Information Form - Spanish
Emergency and Permission Services - English
Emergency and Permission Services - Spanish
Enrollment Eligibility Criteria for 2021-22 - English and Spanish
KSD Home Language Survey - English
KSD Home Language Survey - Spanish
KSD Student Housing Questionnaire - English
KSD Student Housing Questionnaire - Spanish
Parent Consent to Transfer ELMS Records - English
Parent Consent to Transfer ELMS Records - Spanish
Student Health History - English
Student Health History - Spanish
Well Child Exam
MAIN PHONE NUMBER