Air Force Junior ROTC
Developing citizens of character dedicated to serving their nation and community
Kennewick School District's Air Force JROTC program is offered at Kennewick High School. The program provides a 40/40/20 combination of Aerospace Science (AS), Leadership Education (LE), and Wellness. All instructors are highly qualified Kennewick School District teachers and are supervised by the school principal.
- Leadership Skills
- Military Training
- Work Ethic
- Enter military at advanced rank
Coursework is a standards-based curriculum based on 21st century learning principles:
- A Journey Into Aviation History (AS)
- The Science of Flight (AS)
- Cultural Studies: An Introduction to Global Awareness (AS)
- Exploring Space: The High Frontier (AS)
- Management of the Cadet Corps (AS)
- Aviation Honors Ground School (AS)
- Survival (AS)
- Citizenship, Character, and Air Force Tradition (LE)
- Communication, Awareness and Leadership (LE)
- Principals of Management (LE)
*NOTE: Air Force JROTC is not a recruiting program and incurs no military obligation.
For more information:
Lt. Col. Curt Wichers
NOTICE: The links below are to external web or social media sites and are not sponsored or endorsed by the Kennewick School District.