Curriculum & Instruction
Watch Our Health Curriculum Presentation and Provide Feedback
Did you miss our presentation on recommended health curriculum, including comprehensive sexual health education materials for grades 6-12?
Watch a recording now. The presentation includes an overview of Washington state learning standards and instructional requirements, plus information on the curriculum selection process and the content of the materials.
The health curriculum materials were selected by our health curriculum adoption committee. Adopted curriculum materials must meet Washington state learning standards for health education and requirements for comprehensive sexual health education presented in grades 6-12.
View the curriculum and supporting documents, including a feedback form, under Health Curriculum Adoption & Advisory Team Work below. The feedback will be provided to the Kennewick School District Board of Directors, which will consider the health curriculum on May 25.
Ensuring the Best in Learning and Instruction
A high quality curriculum is at the heart of a high-quality education. Curriculum refers to the core components, or learning standards, of the subject matter and the materials used to teach those standards. Learning standards define what all students need to know and be able to do at each grade level. Throughout their K-12 education, students progress through the curriculum of a variety of subjects comprising the K-12 course of study.
Our Curriculum Department:
- Researches and assists staff in selecting textbooks and instructional materials
- Implements curriculum that is aligned with state standards
- Develops information systems that record, measure and assess student learning
- Acts as a resource for current research and best practices and programs
- Coordinates professional development
- Consults with educators on district, state and federal requirements including the Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA), Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) and the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)